How does a Christian live life so authentically for God that there is no question about what they believe? True Life Church views Bible doctrine as the bedrock on which people build their beliefs, which ultimately impacts their attitudes, actions and emotions.
What people believe about God and how they relate to God is foundational to the church’s existence. As an Alliance church, we strive to faithfully preach and teach God’s Word and personally implement it into daily living. We believe the Gospel has the power to bring eternal life to all who believe. We believe God’s Word teaches people how to personally know God and live in a personal relationship with Him.
True Life Church recognizes that among faithful believers there may exist honest disagreement over a doctrine or personal conviction. Fellowship and service together does not depend on every believer clinging to every doctrinal detail uniformly. However, below are the basic tenants of True Life Church and these doctrines are central to the church’s mission, instruction and ministry.
Statement of Faith
A TLC Ministry of the Christian & Missionary Alliance
Jesus Christ is the true God and the true man.(4) He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.(5) He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust,(6) as a substitutionary sacrifice,(7) and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.(8) He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures.(9) He is now at the right hand of Majesty on high as our great High Priest.(10) He will come again to establish His kingdom, righteousness and peace.(11)
The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.(15)
Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God:(16) he fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All men are born with a sinful nature,(17) are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord
Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men; and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God.(21)
It is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and be sanctified wholly,(22) being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to the will of God, thereby receiving power for holy living and effective service.(23) This is both a crisis and a progressive experience wrought in the life of the believer subsequent to conversion.(24)
Provision is made in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ for the healing of the mortal body.(25) Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil are taught in the Scriptures and are privileges for the Church in this present age.(26)
The Church consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church, (27) which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations.(28) The local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for edification through the Word of God, for prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the gospel, and observance of the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.(29)
The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent(32) and will be personal, visible, and premillennial.(33) This is the believer’s blessed hope and is a vital truth which is an incentive to holy living and faithful service.(34)
 Deuteronomy 6:4,  Matthew 5:48,  Matthew 28:19,  Philippians 2:6–11,  Luke 1:34–38,  1 Peter 3:18,  Hebrews 2:9,  Romans 5:9,  Acts 2:23–24,  Hebrews 8:1,  Matthew 26:64,  John 14:15–18,  John 16:13; Acts 1:8,  John 16:7–11,  2 Peter 1:20–21; 2 Timothy 3:15–16,  Genesis 1:27,  Romans 3:23,  1 Corinthians15:20–23,  Revelation 21:8,  Revelation 21:1–4,  Titus 3:4–7,  1 Thessalonians 5:23,  Acts 1:8,  Romans 6:1–14,  Matthew 8:16–17,  James 5:13–16,  Ephesians 1:22–23,  Matthew 28:19–20,  Acts 2:41–47,  1 Corinthians 15:20–23,  John 5:28–29,  Hebrews 10:37,  Luke 21:27,  Titus 2:11–14
Exalt Christ, Equip Saints, & Evangelize the World
True Life Church will teach the Word of God, challenging believers to live authentic Christian lives. We will support one another in prayer, prepare believers to advocate for the Gospel, and have a positive impact for Christ in our community by ministering in a relevant and Christ-centered manner.
(His Work His Glory)
(1Cor. 10:31; Phil 2:13; Phil 4:14; Col 3:17)
We will provide opportunity for believers to grow in their relationship with God and His family, as well as serve God through the use of their spiritual gifts.
We will be a church of second chances knowing that none of us are perfect and all of us are in need of God’s unconditional love and support from our Christian family. When true repentance occurs we will rush to forgiveness and restoration to fellowship.
We will strive to live authentic and real lives with God by doing the right thing, for the right reason, with the right heart as a great commission and great commandment church.
(Matt 22:37-39; Jn 13:34-35, Acts 1:8; Matt 28:18-20, Jn 10:10)
True Life Church is a local church body of Christ followers, who, through the enabling work of the Holy Spirit, will mature together as a caring community of believers, advancing the gospel to all people, while pursuing the abundant life in Christ.
Discipleship: We Will…
- Glorify God by faithfully preaching and teaching the Bible as we seek to help believers become followers of Christ through surrendered lives to the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Exhort and challenge believers to live yielded lives to the Lordship of Jesus Christ
- Emphasis the ministry of prayer for each other, our church and government.
- Seek the spiritual improvement of Christians by ministering to their spiritual, emotional, social and physical needs, while assisting them to develop and use their spiritual gifts in the church and community.
- Disciple and minister to all age groups emphasizing Bible teaching and Bible study as the key in meeting spiritual, physical, emotional and social needs.
Evangelism: We Will…
- Faithfully proclaim the Gospel to all people as we have opportunity, inviting them to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Teach Christ followers how to clearly present the plan of salvation to the non-believer.
- Reach out to the nonbelievers by taking the Gospel to them.
- Show the relevance of our faith to the non-believing community through a culturally relevant ministry designed to reach the community with the truth of God’s Word.
- Actively emphasize and support missionaries and missionary endeavors throughout the world.
Homes and Family: We Will…
- Build up Christian homes by providing support and training for marriage and parenthood success.
- Assist parents in developing spiritual and moral depth in their children.
- Take an active role in defending families from spiritual and moral decay.
- Minister to the community by providing wholesome family activities and by involving ourselves in community affairs, activities, problems and issues.
Church Body: We Will…
- Provide a spiritual climate of Christian love in which God’s Word will have opportunity to germinate and grow in the lives of people.
- Be a self-governing, self-supporting, self-propagating indigenous church whereby all members of the church contribute joyfully of their time, talents, and treasures to work of the ministry.
- Network with other Christian organizations and churches in the community to build a strong presence of Christ in our community.
- Provide corporate worship opportunities (Sunday Services) whereby we celebrate God’s character, attributes, faithfulness, truth, and love.
- Furnish opportunity for Christians to fellowship and interact with other believers.
- Provide a safe environment for child care, children and teen ministries, while seeking to instruct them in God truth.
Covenant with Church Family
Having received Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and through the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, I dedicate myself to a growing relationship with Jesus Christ through Bible study and prayer. I agree to walk in Christian love with my brothers and sisters in Christ as I pursue a spirit-filled walk with God. I commit myself to assist the church body in spiritual advancement by exercising my spiritual gift(s) for the benefit of others. I will contribute cheerfully and regularly of my time, talents, and treasures to support the work of the church in order that the gospel might be advanced in our community and throughout all nations. I promise to watch over my brothers and sisters, remembering them in prayer, aiding them in sickness and in distress, being slow to take offense and always ready for reconciliation. I will advocate for harmony and unity in the body of Christ and will seek to resolve conflict in a Christ-honoring manner. I pledge to build up the body of Christ through the speaking of wholesome words, which edify, encourage and instruct, while avoiding gossip, backbiting and slander.
Seven Core Values
- Lost people matter to God, He wants them found (Luke 19:10)
- Prayer is the primary work of God’s people (Philippians 4:6-7)
- Everything we have belongs to God. We are only stewards (1 Chronicles 29:14)
- Knowing and obeying God’s Word is fundamental to all true success (Joshua 1:18)
- Completing the Great Commission will require the mobilization of every fully devoted disciple (Matthew 28:19)
- Without the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, we can accomplish nothing (1 Corinthians 2:4-5)
- Achieving God’s purpose involves taking faith-filled risks This always involves change (Hebrews 11:6)